Narrative

In LS1, this term was full of exciting things like swimming, PE, and Art.

Thinking back on the last few months, I’m so happy about learning different types of things in reading, writing, maths, and inquiry espically the kapa haka.

I’ve been busy with all sorts of subjects, but the best part about Term 3 for me was learning about degrees in maths.

When it comes to reading, my favourite text I read was the hungry waves.

I most enjoyed learning about palm oil in reading because it talks about edible vegetable oil that is in lots of different snacks or foods such as skittles, froot loops, and other kinds.

Writing was super fun, especially when I got to read my speech to my little group.

My favourite task in writing this term was the speech because we get to tell people about subjects and different types of information to others.

In Maths, I especially enjoyed when we learnt about place value because it helps us learn how to subtract three digit numbers by breaking the numbers into ones, tens and hundreds

For our special Inquiry experiments, I really enjoyed dancing raisins because it was cool and the raisins started to dance around, especially the nuts. It is funny and cool to watch them move around the whole block.

In P.E. (Physical Education), I had a blast participating in it because I listened to the teacher so I knew what I was doing.

I learnt how to dive in the swimming pool and it was hard but I got used to it and learned how to dive under the water.