SSR Selfie

This week I learned about SSR Selfie.

First I had to pick a book to read for 15 minutes. I picked Drama because I think it’s a great story to read for 15 minutes.

Next I had to write down what happened in the story. For example : Callie loves theater. And while she would totally try out for her middle school’s production of Moon Over Mississippi, she’s a terrible singer. Instead she’s the set designer for the stage crew, and this year she’s determined to create a set worthy of Broadway on a middle-school budget. But how can she, when she doesn’t know much about carpentry, ticket sales are down, and the crew members are having trouble working together.

Then I had to list three new words with their meaning in my own words. For example : Mississippi : I think Mississippi is counting numbers but in a different way.

Afterwards, I had to write down who the author or illustrator was. For example : The author is Raina Telgemier.

Lastly I had to write down who the main characters were. For example : The main characters are Callie, Lizz, Matt, Raina, and her friends.

I enjoyed doing this task. I did well at reading the book for 15 minutes. I need to improve on reading the book for 16 minutes because I will learn more about it.